If you’ve been injured on the job, the worst is behind you. Let the torneys at David Taylor Law take it from here, guiding you toward brighter days ahead.
Our qualified, compassionate team will handle your Workers’ Compensation claim from start to finish, including all communication with the insurance company. While you focus on getting better, we’ll focus on recovering the damages you deserve.
Eligibility for Workers’ Compensation in South Carolina
According to South Carolina Workers’ Compensation laws, fault is not a factor in determining eligibility. This means that injured workers are entitled to damages even if they caused the accident, as long as the following applies:
- The accident occurred at work
- The injury is the result of that accident
What Are My Rights?
David Taylor Law is committed to protecting the rights of injured workers, including the following:
- The right to file a Workers’ Compensation claim
- The right to receive medical care and pursue treatment
- The right to return to work once cleared by your physician
- The right to disability benefits if you are unable to return to work
- The right to appeal the decision made by the Workers’ Compensation Commission, your employer or their insurance company
- The right to file a claim against another person whose negligence caused your accident (manufacturer of defective equipment, for example)
- The right to legal representation
Who Is Responsible For Your Workplace Injury?
While determining eligibility for Workman’s Comp seems simple enough, that’s not always the case. Your employer may deny that your accident occurred during your shift, or they may try to retaliate against you.
Remember, the insurance company isn’t on your side – and they’ll avoid paying damages at all costs. That’s why it’s best to entrust your Workers’ Compensation claim to an attorney with experience holding employers accountable.
Mistakes to Avoid After Being Injured on the Job
If you’ve suffered an on-the-job injury in Myrtle Beach (29579), getting the compensation you deserve doesn’t have to be as painful as your accident. Remember to avoid these common mistakes:
- Waiting too long to report your accident.
While you have 90 days to report your accident, it’s best to report it as soon as possible. Contact David Taylor Law immediately for legal advice on how to proceed.
- Not reporting all injuries.
Because some injuries may seem very minor, you might be tempted not to mention them. This is a mistake! Seemingly minor injuries can turn into major problems in the future, and getting compensation will be just as painful if you don’t disclose them initially. Also, make sure to give your full medical history to your doctor, including past injuries.
- Refusing to return to work when you’re physically able.
Your employee has grounds to terminate employment if you don’t return to work when the doctor concludes that it’s safe.
- Handling your Workman’s Comp case on your own.
It’s very risky to be the only party without legal representation. Aside from the intricate Workers’ Compensation laws, your case will likely involve complicated medical jargon and insurance regulations. Plus, your employer and their insurance company will likely have a legal team at the ready.
Schedule Your Free Consultation!
David Taylor Law is proud to provide free consultations, and our Myrtle Beach Workers’ Compensation lawyers are standing by to learn more about your case. Our team will work hard to ensure the Workers’ Compensation Commission approves your claim, awarding you the damages you deserve – from medical costs to lost wages.
If you’ve been hurt at work, David Taylor Law is here for you. Call today to schedule your free consultation!