Burns can occur anywhere, but are often categorized as one of the following:
- Thermal burn: Involves contact with a heated object (metal, steam, flame, etc.)
- Chemical burn: Occurs when skin comes in contact with a toxic/hazardous substance
- Flash burn: Involves an explosion
- Inhalation injury: Happens when a person breathes in fumes from chemicals or smoke
The severity of the burn is indicated by degree, determined by the layers of skin that are impacted.
- 1st degree burn: These burns are common, and most can be easily treated at home.
- 2nd degree burn: More severe than first degree, these burns affect the next layer of skin and depending on the size, will likely require a visit to the doctor.
- 3rd and 4th degree burns: These burns are severe and not only impact the skin, but often the bone and muscle underneath. They require immediate medical attention to prevent infection.
Whether you’re seeking a 2nd degree burn injury attorney or need legal guidance after a more severe burn, David Taylor Law in South Carolina can help get your future back on track.
If you suffered a burn on the job or were injured due to another person’s negligence or misconduct, you may be eligible for damages. To win a personal injury case, you must prove the following:
- Duty: Describes the defendant’s responsibility to provide safe conditions.
- Breach of duty: Involves their failure to uphold this duty.
- Causation: Proves that the breach of duty directly caused your injury.
Oftentimes, due to the intricate nature of medical cases, it is difficult to successfully sue for a burn injury. Let our team of qualified personal injury attorneys, based here in Myrtle Beach, SC (29579), handle the legal issues so you can focus on your recovery.
Contact David Taylor Law to confirm if you have a case.
Depending on the severity and circumstances of your burn, you may be eligible for compensation for the following burn injury damages:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disfigurement
- Physical impairment
- Workers’ Compensation (if you sue for a burn at work)
- Funeral / burial costs (in wrongful death cases)
- Punitive damages (in cases of deliberate misconduct)
If you've suffered a serious burn in Myrtle Beach, SC or the surrounding areas of Florence and Conway, the personal injury attorneys at David Taylor Law are licensed to help.
Let our law firm help take the sting out of the legal process, walking alongside you toward the compensation you deserve. We’re eager to get an attorney-client relationship formed, starting with your free consultation. Call David Taylor Law today to schedule.