A catastrophic injury may result in one of the following:
- Permanent disability that severely affects everyday function
- The inability to maintain any type of gainful employment
- Damage to the head, neck or spinal cord (that does not result in permanent disability)
- Serious damage to at least one major body system
- Short period of suffering followed by a terminal condition or death
Catastrophic injury settlements often involve permanent disability, and in the worst cases, wrongful death. Typically categorized as one of the following, catastrophic injuries include:
- Physical injuries: Includes amputations, burns, severe fractures, organ damage etc.
- Spinal cord injuries: Includes damage to the spinal cord and central nervous system
- Cognitive injuries: Includes brain damage such as traumatic brain injury
Catastrophic injuries in South Carolina may occur from:
- Car accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Sports accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective medical devices or drugs
Lost wages alone have a significant impact on a family, aside from the often-overwhelming expense of medical care – and of course, the emotional toll. When you count the costs, it’s no surprise that some personal injury cases result in millions in settlement.
Keep in mind that insurance claims for these life-changing injuries are designed to compensate for the following:
- Medical bills
- Ongoing medical care (in-home care, medical devices/medication, home modifications, etc)
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
Cases that can’t be settled satisfactorily will eventually reach the courtroom. Our catastrophic injury lawyers will work tirelessly to secure a favorable jury verdict and to ensure you receive much-needed compensation for injuries.
If you or a loved one suffered a catastrophic injury, our experienced South Carolina law firm will fight for you. Our injuries attorneys will pursue the damages you deserve, holding the responsible party accountable for the life-altering injury they caused.
From mounting medical bills to lost wages, compensation will help ease the financial burden a victim experiences – and while it can't restore your former life, compensation for injuries can help provide hope for your future.
Trust your case to the catastrophic injury lawyers at David Taylor Law. Call today to schedule your free consultation.