There are various types of spinal cord injuries, including the following:
- Cervical: impacts the head, neck and surrounding areas
- Lumbar: impacts the legs and hips
- Thoracic: impacts the chest and abdomen
- Sacral: impacts the thighs, pelvic region and buttocks
Although one part of the body may be specifically affected by a spinal cord injury, the loss of function often impacts the rest of the body – and the injured person’s ability to work and enjoy the life they once loved.
While a variety of accidents may result in spinal cord damage, these are the most common causes:
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and falls
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Defective products
If you decide to sue for your spinal injury, trust David Taylor Law in Myrtle Beach, SC to handle all communications with the insurance company. Focus on your recovery and let our South Carolina personal injury lawyers fight for the compensation you deserve. Depending on your case, you may be eligible for:
- Reimbursement for medical expenses and the cost of ongoing / lifelong care
- Workers’ Compensation benefits (for spinal cord injuries at work)
- Future loss of earnings
- Disability benefits
- Pain and suffering / loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship (for victim’s loved ones)
If your loved one died as the result of someone else’s negligence, you may be eligible for wrongful death benefits.
Our South Carolina injury attorneys will take the time to learn the details of your case, offering support and encouragement at a time when you need it most. In addition to ensuring you get the quality care and compassion you need, we’ll work tirelessly in pursuit of maximum compensation.
Call David Taylor Law today or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with our team of Myrtle Beach spinal injury lawyers.