The trusted team at David Taylor Law, proudly serving Myrtle Beach and the surrounding areas of Conway and Florence, can help. We'll not only fight tirelessly for the compensation you deserve after your work injury, but ensure you're treated with dignity and compassion each step of the way. That's the approach that sets our law firm apart - and the approach that brightens our clients' futures.
Our dedicated Workers' Compensation attorneys understand the pain you've endured — and that's why we're so passionate about holding your employer and the insurance company accountable. Our clients trust that David Taylor Law will do whatever it takes to see justice done — and to provide the kind of sincere, reliable service that consistently exceeds expectations.
If you're been injured at work in the Myrtle Beach, SC area, contact the Workers' Comp attorneys at David Taylor Law. Your initial consultation is free, and we'd love to learn more about how our injury lawyers can help you secure the Workers’ Compensation benefits you deserve.
1. Seek medical treatment. After your work injury, your first priority is getting the care you need. Keep in mind, however, that you must visit the doctor chosen by your employer if you plan to receive Workers’ Compensation benefits.
2. Report the work injury to your employer. Under South Carolina Workers’ Compensation laws, you have 90 days to notify your supervisor of your workplace accident. After 90 days, you may not be able to secure your benefits – including reimbursement for medical bills and lost wages.
3. Contact a Workers’ Compensation attorney. Some employers may fight your injury claim or attempt to bully you out of filing for Workers’ Comp. They may also dispute if your injury occurred on the job. Even if this does not occur, it’s wise for injured employees to have a trusted law firm on their side – especially if the Workers’ Comp claim is denied and must be appealed.
Because no two Workers’ Comp cases are alike, the list of benefits varies from one injured worker to the next. After your work accident, the most common types of benefits include reimbursement for the following:
Injured workers are entitled to quality medical treatment after their job accident – and full payment of medical bills. South Carolina Workers’ Compensation technically covers 100%, but insurance carriers may dispute how much medical treatment is deemed necessary. That’s why it’s critical to have a Workers’ Compensation attorney handling your injury claim.
If your work injury causes you to miss time on the clock, you’re entitled to ⅔ of your average weekly wage based on the four quarters prior to your workplace accident. This amount is capped at $866.67 per week (as of January 2020) and is adjusted annually.
While some work injuries are relatively minor, others are debilitating. If your workplace injury results in permanent disability, your Workers’ Comp benefits could last up to 500 weeks. This also applies to cases where a workplace accident resulted in the death of a loved one. Because of the complex nature of these cases, it’s wise to proceed with an experienced Workers’ Compensation lawyer by your side. Other potential Workers’ Compensation benefits include reimbursement for:
- Physical impairment or disfigurement
- Travel costs to see your doctor or pick up prescriptions
- Death benefits
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics , the most common work injuries include:
- Sprains, strains and tears
- Soreness or pain
- Cuts, punctures or lacerations
- Contusions or bruises
These workplace injuries are most often caused by:
- Falls, slips or trips
- Contact with equipment or objects
- Violence or interaction with other people or animals
- Transportation accidents
Our law firm’s job starts when you’re injured at yours. We understand that one work injury can change the course of your future, especially if you’re unable to return to work. Lost wages may make it nearly impossible to provide for your family, or to pay the medical bills that keep piling up.
At David Taylor Law, our Workers’ Compensation attorneys will pursue the benefits you deserve, treating your personal injury as their first priority. Our compassionate approach is proof that you’re more than a case number or a folder in a filing cabinet. You’re an injured worker who not only deserves a law firm who will fight for you, but a trusted team who will walk beside you every step of the way.
That’s exactly what you’ll find at David Taylor Law. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation!